RDA Illawarra is an independent organisation. We are neutral brokers who advocate across all levels of government for the growth of the Illawarra's economy.
We take a long-term perspective and advocate strategically for the future greater good of the Illawarra region. We value our people, culture and sustainable development.
We advocate either directly, when commercial or other sensitivities are involved, or publicly through submissions and direct advocacy.
Submissions are made on most matters of economic significance to the Illawarra region. Our submissions are listed below.
RDA Illawarra supports the South32 Dendrobium Mine development application, in particular:
- The importance of mining to the Illawarra’s economy
- The importance of high paid jobs for the Illawarra’s economy, and alignment with the WCC draft ED strategy
- The role of NSW Government and experts to review the environmental considerations and measures put forward by South32
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Illawarra welcomes the opportunity to
provide feedback on Wollongong City Council’s Economic Development Strategy
(draft) 2019-2029 (ED Strategy).
RDA Illawarra strongly supports the three key strategic objectives outlined in the
- Jobs target – generate 10,500 new jobs in the next decade to reduce the
- Lifting median incomes – focusing on industries that are higher-paying
and have a greater share of full-time jobs and are expected to grow in the
- Targeted sectors that align with talent pool, including those of
commuters and graduates of UOW