RDA Illawarra and regional stakeholders collaborate to develop Regional Plans to drive economic development initiatives.
There are several Illawarra Regional Plans of significance:
1) Illawarra Shoalhaven Regional Plan
The Illawarra Shoalhaven Regional Plan is the NSW Government’s strategy for guiding planning decisions for the Illawarra Shoalhaven Region for the next 20 years. The Illawarra Shoalhaven Regional Plan was released in November 2015, the first of 9 regional plans providing a vision and direction for planning priorities and decisions addressing future needs for housing, jobs, infrastructure and a healthy environment.
RDA Illawarra considers the Illawarra Shoalhaven Regional Plan priorities and precinct developments and uses them as a guide when conducting work in the region.
2) RDA Illawarra Regional Plan 2013-2020
3) Transition Illawarra
4) Regional Economic Development Strategies by Local Government
Local governments have developed Regional Economic Development Strategy documents, as follows:
- Shellharbour Regional Economic Development Strategy 2019-2022
- Kiama Regional Economic Development Strategy 2019-2022
- Wollongong Regional Economic Development Strategy 2019-2029 (Draft)