Forty-year planning for West Dapto Urban Release Area
The West Dapto Urban Release Area has the potential to provide homes for 59,000 residents by the mid-2060’s. It is an exciting and challenging development opportunity with a forty-year planning horizon.
Our submission to Wollongong City Council’s Draft West Dapto Development Contributions Plan (2024) includes the following concerns across several areas:
- Escalating Development Contributions may deter or defer development in this urban release area
- Provision of childcare facilities is no longer considered an Essential Service funded by Development Contributions
- Exemptions to development contributions for affordable, accessible and emergency housing are welcome but WCC should set targets for each at every development stage
- Provision of essential services should not lag completion of development stages
- Floodplain mapping is essential to provide security for residents.
Read our submission here.