RDA Illawarra will grow a strong and confident regional economy that harnesses competitive advantages, seizes on economic opportunities and attracts investment.
Our Strategy has three pillars: Connectivity, Jobs and Resilience.
See RDA Illawarra's Strategy here.
See RDA Illawarra's FY24 Business Plan on a Page here.
- Deliver highest and best use of Port Precinct land
- Optimise use of Shellharbour Airport and Business Park
- Maximise economic connections with Bradﬁeld
- Deliver connected freight and passenger transport services to support economic development
Enabling infrastructure to improve connectivity between Illawarra and Sydney/Western Sydney to unlock investment opportunities.
Advocate for economic and infrastructure initiatives that will:
- Generate high value and skilled jobs
- Ensure skilled labour meets industry demand
- Enable capital investment in the region
- Leverage COVID learnings in development of alternative work models, such as Hubs and Hybrids
- Promote public and private sector Decentralisation
Create a diverse economy that maximises jobs and industries for the region’s future.
Undertake evidence-based analysis of emerging future jobs, using regional intel, to drive projects that will:
- Leverage our innovation history and culture, including embracing new Technologies and Industry 4.0
- Create a depth of resilient regional leaders
- Support COVID recovery of aﬀected industry sectors, such as the Visitor Economy
Secure innovative solutions that drive a resilient and sustainable region.
Work with stakeholders as brokers and advocates to deliver outcomes and initiatives that will: