Our thoughts go out to our neighbouring businesses, families and communities who have been affected by the recent and continuing bushfires across NSW.

Regional Development Australia have put together the following resources to ensure you, your property and your wellbeing is supported during this crisis.

Bushfire Assistance – Emergency Information

To Report A Fire Emergency Call Triple Zero (000)

If You Are Deaf Or Have A Speech Or Hearing Impairment Call 106

Information on Current Fires

NSW Rural Fire Service

Fires near me

Apps are available for apple and android smart phones

Bush Fire Information Line - 1800 679 737

  • If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact RFS through the National Relay Service TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 679 737
  • Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 679 737
  • Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 679 737
  • To report a fire or emergency(TTY users only), access TTY 106.

RFS Social Media NSW RFS Facebook and NSW RFS Twitter

Information for Evacuees

Australian Red Cross - National Registration and Inquiry System

If you have been evacuated please register with the relevant evacuation centre. This helps emergency services know that you are safe. NRIS registers, finds and reunites family, friends and loved ones after an emergency. It is managed and operated by Australian Red Cross. People evacuated in an emergency (or people trying to locate family or friends) can phone the Red Cross Inquiry Centre on 1800 727 077 for callers in Australia or international callers on +61 393 283991.


Evacuation Centres

Information on Road Closures

Live Traffic NSW
Apps are available for apple and android smart phones


Bushfire Assistance - Financial Assistance

NSW Government


Service NSW

Financial support for NSW volunteer firefighters

Tax free non-means tested payment of up to $300 per day (total $6000) for volunteer firefighters from a recognised firefighting organisation in NSW who are self-employed or employed by small and medium businesses and have lost income. Must have been volunteering as part of an operational response to bushfires for more than 10 days since 1 July 2019. This can include reasonable travel and recovery time but does not include training or participating in non-emergency operations (for example, hazard reduction burns).



Rural Assistance Authority

Find out about the available financial assistance programs


Recovery funding for bush fire affected communities in Southern NSW

Disaster recovery grants of up to $15,000 are now available to primary producers, small businesses and not-for-profit organisations in LGAs affected by the NSW bushfires that have occurred from 31 August 2019.

Must be in an eligible LGA. As of 06/01/2020 this includes:

Bega Valley, Eurobodalla, Queanbeyan-Palerang, Shoalhaven, Snowy Monaro, Snowy Valleys and Mid-Western, Wingecarribee, Blue Mountains, Lithgow, Hawkesbury, Cessnock, Central Coast, Singleton, Armidale, Ballina, Bellingen, Byron, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Glen Innes Severn, Inverell, Kempsey, Kyogle, Lismore, Mid-Coast, Nambucca, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Richmond Valley, Tenterfield, Tweed and Walcha)

See guidelines in the link for further eligibility requirements



Natural Disaster Transport Subsidy

A natural disaster assistance transport subsidy is available to eligible farmers who are affected by a declared natural disaster event. This subsidy pays for the cost of transporting: fodder and/or water to an affected property, stock to sale or slaughter, stock to/from agistment.



Donated Fodder Transport Subsidy

A subsidy is available for the cost of transporting donated fodder organised by community groups or other organisations within NSW to a central location for distribution to properties affected by drought and other emergencies. This subsidy will pay for 100% of the costs of transporting donated fodder from within NSW up to a maximum of $5 per kilometre (plus GST) to a maximum eligible distance of 1,500 kilometres.

See link below for further guidelines



Disaster Relief Loans

Primary Producers

Primary producers directly affected by a declared natural disaster who are in urgent and genuine need of assistance, may be eligible for low interest loans of up to $130,000. This low interest rate loan can help a farm business to: continue to operate your farm businesses for the next twelve months or until the next income is received, replace and repair damage caused to the property and associated improvements not covered by insurance.



Small Business

Small businesses who have been directly affected by a declared natural disaster including floods, fires or storm damage, may be eligible for low interest loans of up to $130,000. This low interest rate loan can help a small business: return to its normal level of trading or until the next major income is received within 12 months from the date of disaster, replace and repair damage caused to your small business and associated improvements not covered by insurance.



Non-profit organisations

Natural disaster relief loans assist voluntary non-profit organisations directly affected by a declared natural disaster including flood, fire or storm damage. Low interest rate loans are available: for the restoration of essential facilities that have been damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster, and may also be directed towards temporary storage or leasing of alternate premises



Sporting and Recreation clubs

Natural disaster financial assistance is available to help sporting and recreation clubs directly affected by a declared natural disaster including flood, fire or storm damage. This low interest rate loan can help: meet the costs of restoring essential club facilities, equipment or other assets that have been damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster



Department of Communities and Justice

Access social housing assistance and support



Department of Primary Industries and Local Land Services

Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline 1800 814 647

In a bush fire emergency, NSW Department of Primary Industries works with Local Land Services (LLS) to support the NSW Rural Fire Service to: Assist primary producers, animal holding establishments and the community to be prepared for bushfires, Coordinate rescue, evacuation and emergency care for animals, Coordinate assessment, humane destruction and disposal of affected animals, Support recovery arrangements including providing impact damage assessments and contributing to recovery centres and committees



Office of Emergency Management

NSW Government Disaster Relief Grants

NSW Government Disaster Relief Grants are available for eligible individuals and families whose homes and essential household contents have been damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster. To be eligible for this grant you must: be a low-income earner and meet an income assets test, demonstrate that the affected home is your principal place of residence, not be covered by insurance, demonstrate that the damage was caused by the disaster, lodge the application within four months of the disaster occurring

Contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.



Disaster Welfare Assistance Line 1800 018 444

OPEN EVERY DAY, 8:30am - 4:30pm



Federal Government

Australian Government disaster recovery assistance hotline: 180 2266


Department of Human Services



Disaster Recovery Allowance

Disaster Recovery Allowance is a short-term payment to help you if a declared disaster directly affects your income. You can get it for a maximum of 13 weeks. It’s payable from the date you lose income as a direct result of the disaster. Disaster Recovery Allowance is a taxable payment. You can ask us to withhold voluntary tax deductions from your payments. If you get Disaster Recovery Allowance you might be able to access Beneficiary Tax Offset. This reduces the amount of tax you may have to pay. You’ll need to contact the Australian Taxation Office to find out more about this.


Disaster Recovery Payment

The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment is a one-off payment to help you if a declared disaster significantly affects you. For example: you have been seriously injured, you're the immediate family member of an Australian citizen or resident who died, your principal place of residence has been destroyed or must be demolished, the interior of your principal place of residence has sustained major damage, damage from the fire has exposed the interior of your principal place of residence to the elements, your principal place of residence has been declared structurally unsound, the interior of your residence has been affected by sewerage contamination, you're the principal carer of a dependent child who has experienced any of the above.



Disaster Assist

Provides information on assistance for current disasters.



Bushfire Assistance – How Can You Help

The best way that you can help is with financial donations. This allows the relevant organisations to direct your donation to where it is needed most.

Australian Red Cross - Disaster Relief and Recovery

The Australian Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery provides support for people at evacuation centres and recovery hubs, emergency assistance (including cash grants to people who have lost homes in these bushfires), longer-term recovery programs in disaster-affected communities, funds for essential costs like transport, office space, finance and IT systems, psychological first aid to reduce trauma, support to volunteers and covers their expenses, assistance for families and communities to prepare for disasters.



Salvation Army - Disaster Appeal

The Salvation Army disaster appeal provides funds for financial assistance, material assistance, housing support, mental health support, holistic case work, financial counselling, respite care and breaks, community capacity building, information, referrals and advice.



St Vincent de Paul Society - Bushfire Appeal (NSW)

The St Vincent de Paul Society bushfire appeal provides funds for food, clothing, essential items and grocery vouchers, unexpected bills as people work through the recovery process, referrals onto a range of other organisations providing crisis accommodation and specialised services, emotional support and practical assistance.



NSW Rural Fire Service Brigades and Donations Fund

Donations made to the NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS), or your local Rural Fire Brigade, directly benefit volunteer firefighters and are always gratefully received. Many local Rural Fire Brigades conduct fundraising through door-knocks, letterbox drops, or at community functions. These proceeds directly assist brigades in conducting their community activities.



Country Women’s Association - Disaster Relief Fund

CWA of NSW's Disaster Relief Fund is used to assist Australians who have been adversely affected by a disaster. CWA of NSW can use these funds to assist those in need due to fires, floods, drought or other circumstances.