GREEN JOBS ILLAWARRA
RDA Illawarra recognises the opportunity for our region to capitalise on potential new markets, develop innovative green enterprises and create new job opportunities within the renewable energy sector.
This is where we can help our region and we can do so in a number of ways. We hope to:
- Harness the technical capabilities of local ‘green’ businesses;
- Help businesses become more sustainable in their operations; or
- Assisting enterprises that are piloting innovative sustainable technologies
Does this sound like you? Would you like to know more about how RDA Illawarra can help you and your business achieve sustainable growth? Contact Us today, we’d love to give you a hand.
THE GREEN JOBS ILLAWARRA PROJECT
Our Green Jobs Illawarra Project is a strategic and holistic approach to the development of new and emerging industries whilst adding value to the existing industries in the region.
The project aims to integrate the research and development capacity of industry and leading institutions such as the University of Wollongong, with the application of those green technologies by both existing and new industries across a range of sectors including manufacturing, renewable energy generation and construction. Funding through the NSW Government for the Green Jobs Illawarra project has ended. We are now undertaking a small number of initiatives under this priority based on current resource levels.
Would you like to know more about the Green Jobs Illawarra Project? Do you have suggestions on how we can promote an environmentally sustainable future for your Illawarra? Get in contact with us, we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to implementing the following initiatives to promote green business & sustainable development in our region:
- Implement and further scope the recommendations in the NSW State Government’s Green Jobs Illawarra Action Plan
- Pursue other innovative ways of addressing renewable energy challenges
- Seek opportunities to promote sustainable living initiatives
- Support emerging green industries and organisations.
WHAT WE HOPE TO ACHIEVE
We hope that by implementing these green job initiatives we can achieve the following outcomes for the Illawarra:
- Environmentally sustainable Green Street showcasing sustainable living initiatives
- Sustainability retrofit of iconic buildings throughout the Illawarra
- Transformed manufacturing and engineering sector
- New education and skills training opportunities
- New industry sectors and employment opportunities
- A community that is engaged and active in environmentally sustainable initiatives.
CURRENT GREEN JOBS PROJECTS
Our Board Member, Arthur Rorris, is currently chairing the Sub-Committee on Green Jobs. Current projects that fall within this priority include:
- Green Street
- Energy Efficiency in the 3rd Age (EE3A)
Would you like to know more about any of our projects? Want to know how you can be involved? Get in touch with us today and we can tell you more.